View Single Post
Old
04-04-2013, 09:17 AM
Tkachuk4MVP
22 Years of Fail

vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Blades of Glory View Post
Marleau-Couture-Wingels was absolutely terrible tonight, easily the worst of the Sharks' four forward lines. I think the scoring chance sheet will verify that when it comes out sometime tommorow. That said, there's no question that the Marleau-Couture-Wingels line has line has been our best in recent weeks, and I doubt Wingels is in any danger of being the odd man out once Torres arrives. Burish really has improved a lot in the last few games, but he is still effectively a worse version of Torres. Needless to say, Torres is not exactly revered around these parts. But he has proven himself to be a very valuable depth forward on a good team and as very capable of making an impact in the playoffs. Burish is best known for insulting Chris Pronger when being interviewed on the ice after the Hawks had just won the Cup. It's a little silly when a dude who played 5 mins/game in the playoffs is so opinionated about the surefire Conn Smythe winner had Philadelphia won. He must have been the Blackhawks' comedian, because he certainly didn't have an impact on the ice. Torres was a key part of two teams that lost in Game 7 of the Stanley Cup Finals. It's safe to say he has value in this type of situation.

Should have clarified and said "on fire lately", point is I'm not ready to break them up after one bad game. And yeah with the way TJ's been playing he's making it awfully difficult to take him off of that third line, so I agree that Torres should be on the fourth at least to start. That is some crazy forward depth, didn't think I'd ever say that this season.

Tkachuk4MVP is offline   Reply With Quote