View Single Post
Old
04-04-2013, 10:20 AM
Glove Malfunction
Ference is my binky

vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by reaper64 View Post
I'm 30 and am in the first few games of my first season in rec hockey out here in California. Yes, I jumped on the Kings bandwagon last year and that eventually lead to my wanting to play. I went to every clinic, puck play, and public session I could over the summer. I've played four games so far and it is the most fun I've ever had playing a sport. I played football into college, and nothing compares to hockey. Nothing.
I was the same way. I grew up in the high desert of SoCal, so I'd never been on skates until I was 17 (up in Big Bear). But I watched the Kings on channel 9, in the days of Marcel Dionne and Dave Taylor, and I was hooked. When I ended up moving to the Northeast, I knew I wanted to play, but kids got in the way at first. Then when they were old enough, and all three of them were playing, I got invited to join a pickup group (this was about 7 years ago). I really was bad starting out, but have gotten better with practice. I now play pickup, plus in a beer league, and have been reffing for 4 years now. Hockey is a full time activity in my house now. So when you say that nothing compares to hockey, I get it. So true.

Glove Malfunction is online now   Reply With Quote