View Single Post
04-04-2013, 10:05 AM
vCash: 500
Originally Posted by OurGocIsAnAwesomeGoc View Post
If Erat gets 80 points, I'll quit HF after 10 years.

You're blaming "the system" for Erat's okay production, and that's ludicrous. He's historically played with good linemates, and he's been historically "pretty good." With that said, there's been an obvious regression in his ability in the last couple of seasons. He's always held on to the puck for too long, he's always attempted passes when there was a clear shot, but statistically his corsi and fenwick numbers, as well as turnovers, are trending the wrong way. You can blame linemates for that, but i don't buy all of that.

Erat has been a good player for the Predators, but I think you're setting unreal expectations for Capitals fans. He's a very good player when he's on, but I'd stop short of calling him some sort of star.
Id say the only regression is this season. Last year Erat was on a 67 point pace during the entire season. I don't think it is off base at all to expect 10-15 more points if he is feeding Ovechkin and Backstrom for a whole year. Granted he usually only plays 70 games, but I think he still has a career year next year.

Webersmashpuck is offline   Reply With Quote