Thread: John Moore
View Single Post
04-04-2013, 10:57 AM
vCash: 143
Originally Posted by Oh Thats Nashty View Post
In what universe does Miller look like a projected top 6 center right now, let alone a replacement for Richards, one of the top playmakers in the league? Before you point to Richards poor start, let's remember he looks much better as of late and has 6pts in his last 6 games. If anything, the emergence of Stepan and acquisition of Brassard makes Richards look a bit more expendable. However, should this team make the playoffs, Richards will need to be a key player in any kind of run.

To get back on topic, I liked what I saw from Moore last night. Smooth skater who is competent defensively and has a nice first pass. His type of presence on the bottom pairing was sorely missed all year.
In the universe when you realize he showed flashes of brilliance as a 19 year old playing with Taylor Pyatt and Brian (not Byron) Boyle.

He's 19. He showed me he's not ready for the NHL this year. He showed me, however, that he has the hunger, the ability, and the JAM to be a top-6 player in this league sooner than later.

Did MDZ look like a serviceable player in his 19-20 year old season? He looked horrid at the NHL level.