: Confirmed with Link:
Erat & Michael Latta to the Capitals for Filip Forsberg
View Single Post
04-04-2013, 11:00 AM
Join Date: Sep 2010
Found a little interview with forsberg from hockeysverige, if u can handle google translate
Was taken by surprise by trade
"A shock." To describe Filip Forsberg yesterday's announcement that he got to see their rights become traded from Washington to Nashville before yesterday's trading deadline.
- This was something I had not expected at all, he says to hockeysverige.se.
It happens a lot in Filip Forsberg hockeyliv currently. On Saturday, he and Leksand ready for the premier league next season and much spoke for him to go over to the Washington Capitals organization after the season with Leksand was over.
But last night it happened strange things you have read about here on hockeysverige.se. Only an hour after the transfer window had closed the NHL Nashville Predators announced that they had traded Martin houses and Michael Latta to the Washington Capitals in exchange for Filip Forsberg.
Hockey Sweden's chief editor, Uffe Bodin, commented on the transaction as follows: "To Washington gives up Forsberg less than a year after draftat him as the eleventh player in the first round draft came as a big surprise."
Filip Forsberg himself was also he was very surprised and found out that he traded of his team mate.
- It was actually Jacob de la Rose called me. He sat and followed online what happened before the transfer window closed. Jacob called me and said that there were things going on. Then, it was a minute or so, he called again and said it was ready to Nashville, so he was the one who told me.
How did you react to the news?
- At first I was shocked, of course. This was something I had not anticipated at all. Now it so happens that it was only to accept, but it was a shock, absolutely.
Had you received any indication of Washington that this could happen?
- No, I had not received. We had just talked about how we would make the postseason. Little bit about what they liked and what I thought. Then came here and, like I said, it was definitely a little shock.
Have you had any contact with Nashville's organization after Jacob de la Rose gave you this news?
- Yes, it rang some people last night so I've talked a little bit with them.
What has Nashville said about your future?
- The club have said that they see a bright future for me and we are very pleased to have gotten me to the organization. It sounded kanonbra on their part, I must say.
Did you talk about anything you want to go over there after the game against Sodertalje tomorrow?
- It went so quickly yesterday while was quite taken by surprise over this news. We did not talk much about it, but we'll take it over next few days.
Although Filip Forsberg plans were to travel to the Washington Capitals to play, he is already well briefed about his new club.
- Nashville is a really good goalie (Pekka Rinne) then it has to Shea Weber in the lead a really good defensive. That is primarily what has distinguished Nashville in recent years.
- Since it's very country and that's about it as I have an eye on, laughing Forsberg.
Nashville Predators have a Swedish right now playing in the NHL, Patric Hörnqvist . But it's not that Filip Forsberg is already familiar with.
- No, I know him really.
The Farm Team's Magnus Hellberg , Mattias Ekholm , Patrick Cehlin and Daniel Bang . Is the previously familiar to you?
- I do not feel, what I think, anyway, haha ...
What do you know about Nashville as a city except that it played a lot of country music in the bars there?
- What I have been told by some people at practice today, our North Americans (Kevin Kapstad and Mark Hurtubise) had a bit of an eye, is that Nashville will be a very good city to live in, which also feels good. It feels like this is going to be super.
Disappointed trade or you see only opportunities?
- Absolutely not disappointed. There are things that happen in this business. I take it for what it is and try to do things as I can. Hopefully I can have a very bright future in Nashville.
View Public Profile
Find More Posts by Dosing