View Single Post
Old
04-04-2013, 11:10 AM
montreal
Go Habs Go

vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Nedved View Post
man, people are really hating on leblanc. A guy 1 year out of playing 40 games with the habs, playing pretty well too, following a horrific high ankle sprain, has fallen significantly down prospect charts, past guys who still have not played at the ahl level.

I don't know, seems like pulling the trigger early. I'm giving him the benefit of the doubt, it's the injury, and he will bounce back and shake up the habs camp next year, surprising many.

he's been playing better lately, and is going through some growing pains.

around 10, sure, I guess, people really like their prospects on this board, but some have this guy right off the map when he's really not. that. bad.
I think most around here will confirm that I have been one of Leblanc's bigger supporters, even though at the time of the draft I did not want to see us go for him as I had concerns about his skating/lack of lower body strength. I've watched Leblanc in the USHL, in the NCAA, in the Q, at the WJC's, i've seen every game he's played in the NHL and most in the AHL. He was very good last year in Hamilton and looked good enough in the NHL but this year he looks to be a shell of himself, I know the injury cause him problems and hopefully he can use this experience to build off for next season as I do expect him to rebound but he's been so bad in the AHL that I had to drop him.

Leblanc is smart and hard working so hopefully he gets back on track but with the way he's looked for much of this season there has to be a lot of concern. That said I also took into consideration that he plays on the worst team in the AHL and one that consistently struggles to produce any offense. Even though they are one of the youngest teams in the league and having a rookie coach hasn't helped matters, I still would expect him to create more offensively. He recently just played one of his best games of the season so hopefully he is gaining confidence.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Uber Coca View Post
It must be hard to rank players that are at different stages of their career. I see a lot of prospects drafted last year and I'm thinking that they faced softer opposition than, let's say, Leblanc or Tinordi in Hamilton.

Kristo looks nice but again he still never showed he could compete at the pro level. Time will tell I guess.
Yes it is, and it's often you will see the more recent draft picks ranked higher since they are new and shinny vs older draft picks. In this case though, the 2012 draft class is looking very good for us so far which is why I have 2 in the top 5 as I am really high on both Collberg and Hudon.

montreal is offline   Reply With Quote