View Single Post
Old
04-04-2013, 11:15 AM
haveandare

vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Crease View Post
I find it funny that whenever a player has a breakout performance and the media asks Torts about it, his answer is usually "I told him to keep it simple, just go out and play."

Kreider last year in the playoffs. Brassard and Moore last night. Clowe.

Torts is aware that he overcoaches. He's said so himself. He just can't help himself sometimes.
I asked this in the PGT and didn't get an answer.

Who did Torts ruin? Kreider is the only example I can think of and there are equally plausible explanations for his change in play that have nothing to do with Torts. He came into the NHL on a team with a huge head of steam after being and NCAA champion. His confidence was through the roof and he played well. Most of the games this year, he looked tentative and unsure of himself - I don't think that's a coaching issue personally.

Beyond that - who slowed down drastically under Torts? Prust went from an extra forward to one of the best bottom 6 wings in the game. McD stepped into the NHL and became a first pairing D man in a season. MDZ put up a great offensive season last year. Stepan is looking incredible so far. Gaborik had two 40 goal season. Nash is almost PPG...

Where is this idea coming from exactly?

haveandare is offline   Reply With Quote