04-04-2013, 11:20 AM
alexmanu

vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by token grinder View Post
as far as compliance, I bet you don't see much action/

Teams in trouble-

philly. 19 guys under contract-8 mil of space-4 cheap RFA maybe briere or bryz

vancouver-14 under contract, 8 mil space 3 cheap RFA. capgeek is weird with them. they have 62 mil in payroll, yet they say they have 8 mil in space. anyway-buyouts maybe-ballard, luongo, booth

tampa-18/9.5 space. 3 cheap RFA and bishop. buyouts-ohlund, malone, maybe lecavlier

chicago-16/11.7 space kruger and leddy rfa-4 million for both, maybe. buyouts-montador, olesz, maybe hossa if he gets hurt again this season

point being-we trade for help or plug a quick "fix" forward in next year

with what we have, or at least what we know we have for next year isn't too bad-

beck-legwand-horn (RFA)
sk-fisher-bourque
smith-forsberg-wilson
spaling (RFA)-gaustad-halischuk (RFA)
clune-mueller (UFA)-yip (UFA)
butler (RFA)-watson-budish

we have depth. unproven, young depth. what could we add? elias, Riberio, Horton, Clowe about the best of the UFA bunch.gagne and wheeler, the realistic RFA bunch

what I kinda want to see is an offer sheet to Pitrangelo for 7 million a year.make the blues match that. 13 guys under contract and 26 million in space. RFA-AP, shattenkirk berglund and stewart. Figure 16 mil to cover those guys / leaves them 10 million to fill out with 5 guys. they have sweetheart deals with oshie and backes. someone needs to drive their payroll up.
I hope we target Horton in free agency, he plays a tough game and can get you 50-60 points over a full season.

Then we should draft a talented young winger, I don't know what position we're likely to be drafting at but this draft is pretty deep from what I've heard.

The Pietrangelo offer sheet idea is great, the Blues will be in our division after the realignment and it would be nice to mess with their cap.

alexmanu is offline   Reply With Quote