View Single Post
Old
04-04-2013, 11:24 AM
Blueshirt Believer

vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by HockeyBasedNYC View Post
Pitt played like crap, but the Rangers took advantage and kept their foot on the pedal

Unbelievable how all of the new acquisitions played and scored at least one goal. Made Slats look like a friggin genius up there chewing on his tabacco barge.

Was impressed with Brassards game. If he is that type of slinky player who has some decent playmaking skills hell be a nice addition on this roster. I thought his simple, yet creative play on the powerplay helped things out tremendously. He really cheated towards the middle of the ice instead of the usual telegraphed perimeter passing, and once he got rid of it went to to net. Thats an entirely different look that this team has been dying for. Hopefully that can continue but its just one game against a team who played pretty soft positionally.

Torts gave Boyle a bigger role and he delivered. Good for him. I'm sure the trade deadline was swirling over his head pretty good. Clowe was exactly what I thought he was, solid positionally, hard on the boards, sneaky skillset. Fits right into the system. Him over Gaborik alone is a good swap, considering how lifeless Gabby was.
The biggest change offensively is that the Rangers drove to the net, used screens, and shot through traffic. If Rangers are going grind down low that is something they have to do consistently. Being a perimeter shooting team, while grinding down low, stifles offense. The Rangers have to continue getting bodies around the net and shooting through traffic.

I hope they don't reverse back to their old ways of passing along the perimeter into oblivion.

Blueshirt Believer is offline   Reply With Quote