View Single Post
Old
04-04-2013, 12:28 PM
adam graves
Panthers 17yr sth

vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Coolburn View Post
What about we just sign Weiss to a 1 yr deal at like $4.75M? It gives Weiss a chance to prove to us and every other team that he's healthy again and can produce at his old level and we get a stopgap for 1 yr regardless to not rush Bjugstad. Makes sense for both sides if you ask me and would give Weiss a chance to still get his long term contract and over $5M+/yr.

I'm very much against the idea of rushing Bjugstad to the NHL right now. I want him to spend some time in the AHL (at least 15 games in San Antonio) to really dominate in the pro game first. Its not the exact same path that Shore took this yr (he played 40 games) but I want to at least see him adjust to the speed of being a pro. This brief look will help so he can work on some things over summer too but he didnt have some superstar performance in NCAA this yr and I want to see more from him first.
Oh I get that, but clearly listening to DT yesterday he disagrees. He specifically spoke of this being an exception, maybe due to size, maybe due to age.

Interesting issue. Here's my question to you young capkeeg fans:

without signing Weiss or any center, and going with proposed lines as discussed on the lines thread, do we meet next years floor? Estimate resigning Mueller, matthias and maybe even Markstrom.

adam graves is offline   Reply With Quote