View Single Post
Old
04-04-2013, 12:36 PM
montreal
Go Habs Go

vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Nedved View Post
I find that a problem. You have to look at their competition, the team their on, their age in comparison, who they're playing with and which lines they're lining up against. with that group of forwards guys are probably having some trust issues/transition issues from the back end and still confused on what they should be doing.

you have to take into consideration the role asked of the d-man, from the coach, how much time he spends on the ice, in what situations, and what is expected of him. is he out there on most defensive face-offs? I mean, the guy came to hamilton, and played pretty poor hockey, and is getting better on a team that could wreck a guys confidence and continue to struggle.

I shouldn't say, trying to find mistakes, but with his ice-time and the competition he plays against, yes, he's going to make bad decisions because, on a team this bad, they're going to make a lot of mistakes with a guy learning a new role.

to each their own. I cannot say too much, I thought Kaberle could be effective for us this year. still do.
Of course I look at the comp they play against, since I watch almost every game Hamilton plays. I actually take everything into consideration, but what I mean by they are all on the same level is that I don't know where they were drafted or where they are from. As i've gotten heat in the past for being too high on French born players, but for me I really always just try and call it like I see it, so in that sense all prospects are the same to me.

I've been ranking Hab prospects for a long time so I know what to look for and what to take into consideration.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Seb View Post
23 and 25 pts seasons at this level doesn't seem much good to me, but I know stats can be misleading.
They are solid numbers for sure, not great but he's been very solid for both of his seasons in the NCAA. He must fill out more though as he's easy to knock off the puck.

montreal is online now   Reply With Quote