View Single Post
Old
04-04-2013, 11:46 AM
Synergy27

vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by 417 View Post
Take the players swapped in the Nash trade and the players just swapped in the Gaborik deal...seems just like a really, really big blockbuster trade that took months to complete

all both teams have done is re-arrange the deck chairs on the titanic...

Not a big fan of Rick Nash who I've always thought was one of the league's most overrated players (doesn't mean he's useless) and Gaborik is a bit of a flake as far as i'm concerned. They're basically the same version of themselves except Nash gets less flak because he's canadian

Sorry...it's a wash for me
I think you're misunderstanding the meaning of the phrase "rearranging the deck chairs on the titanic". The Rangers traded for Nash after having gone to the conference finals. You're implying that the move(s) was desperate and ineffectual.

I agree that the deals in totality represent some major churn. If it could have been simplified to Gaborik + pick for Nash, I would have preferred that. But, sometimes a change of scenery is what's needed to get guys going. Maybe all of Anisimov, Dubinsky, Brassard and Moore take the next step in their careers.

All I know is that I like today's Ranger team better than last week's team, and to a certain extent last year's team. Gaborik is a wonderful regular season goal scorer, but he is not the type of player that can be relied on to carry a team deep into the playoffs. The Rangers got by in spite of his poor play in last year's playoffs (injured? Maybe). I like their chances better this year, assuming they make it, with Nash and Clowe. The rest of the guys are likely a wash.

Synergy27 is online now   Reply With Quote