View Single Post
Old
04-04-2013, 11:47 AM
tjs252

vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Tawnos View Post
Personally, I think we're better equipped today to win the Cup than we were two days ago. With the style of play Tortorella wants our guys to play, our forward corps needed to be more in the mold of the Bruins (depth throughout) and less in the mold of the Penguins (top heavy).

Remember, we still have one of the best defensive groups in the league, particularly when Staal comes back, and we still have the best goaltender in the league. These are the strengths of the team. A deep forward group complements them much better than a top heavy one.
I agree and disagree.

I think we're better equipped to play Tortorella's system now. I don't think Tortorella's system can win a cup in the new NHL. The rule changes have opened up the middle of the ice so much more now, you don't win games in the corners.

Look at last year. Round 1 - 7 games; Round 2 - 7 games; Round 3 - 6 games (loss). That's not a ringing endorsement of having a winning, working system. And I think, last year, all things considered with the years we got from Richards and Gaborik and Lundqvist, was the best Tortorella's system will ever look in the new NHL.

tjs252 is offline   Reply With Quote