View Single Post
04-04-2013, 11:54 AM
5 4 Fighting
Registered snoozer
vCash: 783
Originally Posted by Callagraves View Post
To be honest, I think we're looking at an upgraded version of what we had last year

Dorsset could be compared to Prust. Less penalty killing prowess, more offensive skill

We tried to take the team in a more top heavy offensive direction, and it didn't work. It looks like we're going back to the two way type of players that work for us.
I strongly disagree with some of these. Here is how mine would go and if you have any rebuttals, I would love to debate this.

Anisimov>Brassard ( Defensive awareness, size, AND silky smooth finesse, as well as a cannon)
Gaborik>Nash (Once again, the number don't lie, Gaborik is a better goal scorer, on top of having a much higher career +/-, which isn't all that telling, but at least shows you how much offense is produced when Gaborik is on the ice. Nash is a better 1 on 1 player, and is more physical, but he takes lazy penalties when things don't go his way, and he is pretty bad defensively, not that Gaborik is good on that side, but Nash can be flat out horrible sometimes.
Mitchell>Zuccarello (Remains to be seen,but look at the numbers Johnny Malkin in putting up with extra ice-time this year. VERY underrated player. Zucs can turn out to be a hell of a little playmaker, but the safer bet is with Mitchell. Size, defense, great hands in close, heavy shot, grit.

5 4 Fighting is offline   Reply With Quote