View Single Post
Old
04-04-2013, 12:06 PM
Chandrashekhar Limit
BUNGLADEISH

vCash: 283
Quote:
Originally Posted by Stop Winnin View Post
Goalies just seem like a different market, you don't see goalies being traded for high valued assets because it's basically a crap shoot. If you have a good defense, you can cover up for deficiencies in net. But what do I know, Bishop was traded for Conacher and a 2nd.

I agree with you slightly about Regier. Regier's one redeeming trait is that he is a wizard at trades. I too would like to see the return he could get for Vanek. Especially if a team was desperate for a scoring punch. He needs to show he can build a contender, it's nice to win trades but if you're not translating that into winning games it's pointless.
To be fair, the last high profile goalie (with a good contract) to be dealt was Luongo, and he netted a good return at the time. If we look at recent trades, a proven Leclaire got Vermette + 2nd, an unproven Lindback got basically a late first, and a slightly proven Bishop got a ROY candidate +. I think good goalies on manageable contracts still have huge value, if you can get more than one party interested. With Miller, you are bound to get 2-5 teams interested.

I think as fans, we undermine the value of a good contract. Miller @ 6.25 for one more year + flexibility to sign him at your prefered deal gives him extra value.

Chandrashekhar Limit is offline   Reply With Quote