View Single Post
Old
04-04-2013, 12:07 PM
Jarick
Doing Nothing

vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Marlowe Syn View Post
So with the presumption of Granlund still being the heir apparent to the #2C slot and possibly #1C down the road. Really wouldn't that make Larsson's ceiling as a Wild player #3C? We got Brodziak as #3C and he still has many years of good hockey left in him.
I'm souring on Granlund and I don't like Brodziak much as a top nine center. Granlund is looking more and more like a top six winger like Bouchard and less like the superstar playmaker and scorer he was projected to be.

Brodziak I think is better suited as fourth line center or possibly third line winger as a more defensive minded guy. He has brick hands and very limited offense. Which makes him about as good as any other third line center the Wild ever had, but the Wild want to be good, not be terrible like they usually are.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Timbo Slice View Post
I think he signs a 5x5 deal with Minny at the end of his contract
That would be my assumption...not bad, but then he's 37 at the end of the deal...

Quote:
Originally Posted by Marlo Stanfield View Post
Anyone else feel like Buffalo had a deal in place to trade Miller after this trade that fell through? I mean, this all but ensures Miller is gone by the draft or offseason but I had a hunch that he was on his way out as well
That's what I thought too, but as regarded as Hackett is, I think he's still a year away from being NHL starter material.

Quote:
Originally Posted by ponder View Post
Pominville is a good winger, a 1st line player, but I wouldn't call him a true star. This is a star type return.
Definitely agree with that. I thought this kind of package would get a better player than Pominville, who for as much as he accomplished is 30 years old and winding down offensively.

Quote:
Originally Posted by hogtownhabsfan View Post
I don't see how a couple of B prospects, a late first, and a 2nd in 2014 is such an overpayment.
Larsson is an A prospect. Unless I'm mistaken in what a B prospect is.

Jarick is offline   Reply With Quote