View Single Post
Old
04-04-2013, 12:18 PM
Callagraves
Block shots

vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by First Man In View Post
I strongly disagree with some of these. Here is how mine would go and if you have any rebuttals, I would love to debate this.

Clowe>Dubinsky
Anisimov>Brassard ( Defensive awareness, size, AND silky smooth finesse, as well as a cannon)
Gaborik>Nash (Once again, the number don't lie, Gaborik is a better goal scorer, on top of having a much higher career +/-, which isn't all that telling, but at least shows you how much offense is produced when Gaborik is on the ice. Nash is a better 1 on 1 player, and is more physical, but he takes lazy penalties when things don't go his way, and he is pretty bad defensively, not that Gaborik is good on that side, but Nash can be flat out horrible sometimes.
Dorsett>Prust
Mitchell>Zuccarello (Remains to be seen,but look at the numbers Johnny Malkin in putting up with extra ice-time this year. VERY underrated player. Zucs can turn out to be a hell of a little playmaker, but the safer bet is with Mitchell. Size, defense, great hands in close, heavy shot, grit.
Fedotenko>Pyatt
Moore>>Bickel
Anisimov's size is nearly negligible the way he plays. He has a very nice wrist shot, if you have 20 seconds to let him get it off, and yes, he's better defensively.

Brassard's numbers are typically better, through history, and they're on a similar pace this year (until last night, anyways).

I'm not sold on Mitch over Zucc. at all. Zucc's pure skill has a much higher upside, but it will be deicided in the next few seasons.

We agree apart from those.

Nash is an entirely different player from Gaborik, and in addition to being more valuable (creates his own offense, can play a freewheel or grinding game, can even be used on the PK), his size and skill creates so much room for other players, while Gaborik needed other players to get him the puck. Nash with this talent has 80+ point potential. Additionally, He's less injury prone, 3 years younger, a former Captian.

Gaborik was a hell of a sniper. All indications are that he's lost a step, and he's lost some of his shot. I love the guy, but it's not looking good.

Last edited by Callagraves: 04-04-2013 at 12:30 PM.
Callagraves is offline   Reply With Quote