Thread: Player Discussion: John Moore
View Single Post
Old
04-04-2013, 12:26 PM
Xoggz22
HFB Partner

vCash: 500
You got a good young player in Moore. As you've already seen Moore can skate with any forward as his ability is top notch. He has good pivots, uses all edges. He has good speed and lateral movement. He should rival McDonough in skating ability. He's not overly physical but has improved his board play (sill needs work) and defensive positioning dramatically. He can skate the puck out of trouble and also has an excellent first pass. Not sure he has the vision for stretch passes or difficult options but he's sound. He'll join the rush but don't confuse him with an offensive defenseman.

John Moore is a great young man and a workout nut. I don't believe he's very vocal but he's young. He has a ton of upside and some of us on the CBJ boards thought he could, could ultimately be a top pair guy if he can get his offense in line. One thing I recall hearing is that he won the hardest shot (or 2nd?) when playing in the USHL or Juniors but not sure that's true. He rarely shoots so it's difficult to actually tell how good his shot is. I think you can expect 20-30 pts from him annually with an outside shot at 40 pts when he gets more experience. He'll be a solid 2-way dman and is probably the key to the Gaborik deal.

Good luck to him. You'll see he's a real pleasure on and off the ice.