View Single Post
Old
04-04-2013, 12:30 PM
Atas2000

vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Vicente View Post
Traktor are completely deserved in the Gagarin Cup finals!!! Ak Bars had a 3-1 lead which was completely lucky already after Traktor threw away several big leads in game #4 and then they played three miserable games in a row!

I never had the feeling after the 3-1 lead for Ak Bars in this series that they really wanted to win it. Traktor just looked more motivated!
WHAT?

Did Traktor deserve to win? Yes.

Because they were so good? No.

AkBars wasn't nearly as focused as against Ufa. Traktor did their best. Kazan wasn't nearly as good as they should have been. So Traktor deserved the win because they just grinded out the last 3 games.

Side notes:

1. Games 5 and 6 are completely on Belov. Even more so because of the series score. you just don't lose those series. He forgot the lessons of Billyaletdinov and lost those games for us. Bill always plays 4 lines and keeps his stars fresh for a game deciding phase. Belov wanted it to much and let the top players play until they were making stupid mistakes only because they were squeezed out to the max. I hope Belov learns from that. He's still only a padawan.

2. Belov scratched Darzins for game 7. Too late. You can't blame one player for a lost game. But his blunders in games 5 and 6 were awful.

3. I understand Kuznetsov. He's comfortable in a league that protects him. He gets away with clear penalties and if you touch him it's 2 minutes. Once again it doesn't mean Traktor didn't deserve it, because good teams just win it.

Atas2000 is offline   Reply With Quote