View Single Post
Old
04-04-2013, 01:46 PM
Zip15

vCash: 205
Quote:
Originally Posted by Layne Staley View Post
I would never laugh more at an NHL team if the main centerpiece of a Vanek trade is Nick ****ING FOLIGNO. People love to complain about 2007 and it's all Vanek and Miller's fault, once those 2 are gone it'll probably be 6 years until we even MAKE the playoffs, let alone win a round.

Let's just get rid of Hodgson and Ennis now.Eventually they will want a lot of money and in a few years they will be old so let's just get rid of them now and trade them for 18 year olds.Let's repeat the cycle until we have no one over the age of 20 on the active roster.Obviously we don't need any player older then 25, let's get rid of Ehrhoff too, he's over 30 and makes a lot of money.We are rebuilding anyway so what's the need for him?And with all the picks we will get for our veterans, we can bolster our squad with Branislav Fabrys,Phillip Gogullas,Gerard Dicaires and Michael Ryans.
Regarding the bolded, keep in mind that the centerpiece of the Nash deal was Brandon Dubinsky, and Columbus is better for it--the irony being that the same two teams pulled off a somewhat similar deal in reverse yesterday with Gaborik. I wouldn't mind the Nash template--two 2nd/3rd liners with energy and some offensive ability (Anisimov, Dubinsky), a team's top-3 prospect (Erixon), and a 1st--in a Vanek deal, with the caveat that I would not want to take on a salary like Dubinsky's.

If his comments over the last few days are any indication, he's not going to re-sign before the end of next season. If that is the case, he should be moved this summer.

Zip15 is offline   Reply With Quote