Thread: Speculation: 2013 Offseason Goalie Market
View Single Post
Old
04-04-2013, 03:26 PM
Djp

vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by ginner classic View Post
It's my opinion that Buffalo and St Louis are real wild card teams for Luongo. It's a stretch....but one goalie leaving (Miller) creates another opening. I don't believe Enroth has shown anything that should give a team confidence to have him as a starter......like NYI with Poulin/Nilson) my assumption is that every team needs one goalie they can bank on. Buffalo can give Hackett another year to mature, use Enroth as a backup again, and pick form the pool that's available this year if Miller leaves. You will notice that I had them signing Bryz....
Buffalo will not touch Luongo or Bryz with na 10 foot pole with their current contracts. If they were given buyouts and they were UFAs--buffalo would look into them as short term 3-4 yr max contract only.

Buffalo would like to have Hackett in the NHL next year . they have a WHL goalie in Makarov (sp) who is slated to play in the AHL next year. they want to give him games.

I see Buffalo going with Hacket + Enroth in a 50/50 competition for the starting goalie job.

Enroth could be dealt for a different goalie.

this is why I think they are interested in Bernier---they feel he has more upside (even though unproven) than enroth.

that is why i think there would be a deal where its Bernier for enroth + 1 or 2 of LS 2nd round picks Buffalo acquired.

Djp is offline   Reply With Quote