View Single Post
Old
04-04-2013, 03:00 PM
Cake or Death

vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Trxjw View Post
I think the bolded is key. The B's haven't had a guy score 40 goals for years. The year they won the cup, they had one guy score 30 goals, but they had 10 guys score 40 points or more. They ice a lineup that despite it's "bruising" reputation is actually quite versatile. That Looch-Krejci-Horton line is big on the wings and very skilled in the middle, but then their Marchand-Bergeron-Seguin line is incredibly quick and plays a fast-attack game while possessing the ability to agitate opponents. It's hard to match up against for many teams.

Perhaps more importantly, you have very few, if any, one dimensional players in that Boston lineup. Yesterday we rid ourselves of the most one-dimensional player on the roster. Is it a sure-fire signal that things are changing direction? No, but I like to speculate that it might be.
It was a good trade and I agree it moves in a good direction. I don't say that as a slight to Gaborik. But when you look at what you said about Boston's balance, and then look at our team's given needs, what you said is true and what we got in return better serves this team than a player like Gaborik does. We really did lose an amazing goal scorer when Gaborik's on his game. At the same time, the NYR, depth-wise, look to have gotten more difficult to play against. And I mean that long-term, not just the nice blowout win yesterday (which the fans and Lundqvist both deserved!).