View Single Post
Old
04-04-2013, 03:15 PM
Jtown

vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by whatthef View Post
This is why the team's inability to bring up even a decent top 4 defense man or back up goalie is such a disappointment and problem. As it stands right now we have to pay free agent prices for all the top 4 defenseman and both goalies. Sure you can do it on the cheap but that also means lack of quality. I don't feel like going trough every roster right now, but I imagine at least 20-25 of the other teams have at least 1 top defenseman who is on an entry level deal or decent 2nd contract that they brought up in their system. I think this is a major failing on the scouting and management of the organization (and has been for at least a decade) and it's becoming more of an issue as we get further into the cap era.
It doesn't matter if you have defenders on an ELC as long as you have enough talent on your team that is on ELC then everything should be fine.

Right now we have many forwards on elc's and gus on d. That is fine. But you constantly need to refill the pipeline and keep pumping these guys out to replace the ones that that demand more money.

Jtown is offline   Reply With Quote