View Single Post
Old
04-04-2013, 03:21 PM
PhlyerPhanatic
Straight Shooter

vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by hockeylegend11 View Post
You are most likely right in light of the Day situation,I think a team should never lose
a 1st rder regardless of what they have done,afterall teams cant trade 1st rders unless
special situations ie defected player loosely defined,so special situations could have been done here as well protect all non playoff teams,so my view
The league makes sure that for example if a 3rd overll player does not want to show
the compensation would be 5th the following year not 4th,as compensation is the next selection then the defected player,so as to protect the 4 non play off teams,could have been done here imo
I will agree with you that losing the 1st rounders is a very harsh penalty. They should allow teams to trade their 1st rounders..I've always thought that was a stupid rule.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Libbs View Post
I actually made this suggestion back a while ago... way before Day had even applied for exceptional status. The players available have little bearing on why I feel this way.
Under what circumstance would you opt in or opt out of a certain draft year? I'm curious.

edit..sorry just read your other post.