View Single Post
Old
04-04-2013, 03:32 PM
NYR Viper

vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Bleed Ranger Blue View Post
When Columbus drafted him #6 overall, something tells me they were expecting more than a 2nd/3rd line tweener, which is what he has been...on a terrible team.
Does it matter what they wanted him to be? I am sure the Kings wanted Boyle to be more than a 3rd/4th liner. That doesn't matter to the Rangers.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kershaw View Post
He is a very inefficient #2C then. He shouldn't be a 2C on a contending team, he is far from a complete player. He is pretty soft, weak defensive game and can't win faceoffs. Not to mention he is wildly inconsistent.

The untapped potential I'm talking about is that he gets more relied upon to round out his game and become a two-way 3rd line center, because that's the only way I see him staying long term. It isn't too late of course, Steven Weiss transitioned his game from a soft perimeter player a few yrs ago to a competent 2-way centerman.
So you are talking less about his offensive output and more about his 2-way game. I can agree with that because I think offensively, he will be fine as a 2c.

NYR Viper is offline   Reply With Quote