View Single Post
Old
04-04-2013, 03:47 PM
shinchanyo

vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by First Man In View Post
I strongly disagree with some of these. Here is how mine would go and if you have any rebuttals, I would love to debate this.

Clowe>Dubinsky
Anisimov>Brassard ( Defensive awareness, size, AND silky smooth finesse, as well as a cannon)
Gaborik>Nash (Once again, the number don't lie, Gaborik is a better goal scorer, on top of having a much higher career +/-, which isn't all that telling, but at least shows you how much offense is produced when Gaborik is on the ice. Nash is a better 1 on 1 player, and is more physical, but he takes lazy penalties when things don't go his way, and he is pretty bad defensively, not that Gaborik is good on that side, but Nash can be flat out horrible sometimes.
Dorsett>Prust
Mitchell>Zuccarello (Remains to be seen,but look at the numbers Johnny Malkin in putting up with extra ice-time this year. VERY underrated player. Zucs can turn out to be a hell of a little playmaker, but the safer bet is with Mitchell. Size, defense, great hands in close, heavy shot, grit.
Fedotenko>Pyatt
Moore>>Bickel
Agree on Clowe and Anisimov. Vehemently disagree with Gabs.
To me it's like you say gabs is better than Nash not only today but going forward. If you compare them last year gabs and Nash were prob even. Gabs is maybe a little better but if you put both on this team last year I think nash would have been not only better than he was in CBJ but better than Gabs too. The only diff is gabs would have also been good last year and Richards too. One can dream. Stats are not the whole story you can't simply point to Pt totals ignoring all context especially considering what we have seen this year from both guys. Right now Gabs doesnt even appear to be an NHL player compared to Nash who has been our best forward on the whole team most of the season.
Disagree on Mitchell too I didn't have much of a problem with him but I think Zuke now with this particular team is better than Mitchell would be if he were on this team. It's pretty even though. I could easily envision Mitchell doing better here. I could easily see him struggling mightily too though. I feel the same way about Zuke he could continue to look great but I think it's pretty easy to imagine that 1 month from now he is struggling mightily.
Agree on feds
Deeeeeefinitely agree with Moore

shinchanyo is offline   Reply With Quote