View Single Post
Old
04-04-2013, 04:39 PM
Richter Scale

vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by 16 To Stanley View Post
Yea same, for some odd reason i feel like he belongs there. I'm actually really happy he got sent to columbus. I like rooting for them. They have so many former rangers it's absurd.

Certainly my second favorite team.
Are you saying that as in you now think the trade was a good one? Or as in if Gabby was being traded, you're glad it was to CBJ? If it is the former... holy whip lash batman, talk about a 180.

You were one of the guys on our boards absolutely throwing a hissy fit at having traded Gaborik, *****ing about the return we got, and claiming that those who thought it was a good move "were idiots and didn't have a clue how to run a hockey club." Irony at its finest - when in fact it was quite the reverse.

I'm not saying the return for Gabby was spectacular (though I'm optimistic and think that overall it was a good deal for both sides - and about as good a return as Sather was going to get for Gabby) - but it was absolutely what was needed not only from a team and roster perspective, but from an organizational stand point as well.

Richter Scale is offline   Reply With Quote