Thread: Speculation: Trade Proposals and Rumors Thread
View Single Post
04-04-2013, 04:39 PM
- - -
vCash: 464
Originally Posted by TheHudlinator View Post
Its like talking to a brick wall.

I never said either could, before someone mentioned they would trade JG + STL first to move up and I said I wouldn't do it except for a top 5 pick. I then asked if people would trade Sven and a mid round pick to get into the top 5 if Barkov is still there. I never said it could or would I was simply asking if people would but apparently Crosby won't sign here if we trade Sven.

Is that seriously what you took from our posts?

That's not the same thing, and you know it. Would anyone here trade Sven + 1st for Crosby? Of course. Why? Because Crosby has proven to be the best player in the world. Trading unknown commodities (forgetting what Sven has accomplished to this point for a moment) for a known commodity is entirely different from trading unknown commodities for equally unknown commodities.

No one here is calling Sven the next Gretzky, but it seems like that's the only way you interpret the posts of people trying to justify keeping him. You don't draft a kid, give him a taste of the action, have him fall in love with the team, and get the fans in love with him... only to trade him for a player who might be better down the road. We keep talking about good asset management around here - how exactly is that good asset management?

No one is expecting Crosby to sign here and your example is way too hyperbolic for my liking.

Not to mention the fact that, don't you think this organization has incurred enough bad luck the last little bit? I'd rather not piss off the hockey gods by making questionably moral moves in an attempt to maybe get better. Just stick with what we have and it'll pay off. Sven's a great prospect, there's zero need to trade him.

Last edited by DBU: 04-04-2013 at 04:55 PM.