View Single Post
Old
04-04-2013, 05:15 PM
Bench
Orange Safety Mesh

vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by RedWingsNow View Post
Anyone would have been a terrible draw for Detroit with Lidstrom and Datsyuk at 60 percent
I think Vancouver would have been easier. I'm not a psychic, I can't say what would happen, just stating the obvious that a physical defending team like Nashville that keeps the Wings to the perimeter, doesn't allow for rebounds, and has a goalie that stops every 1st shot is pretty much a recipe to beat the current Wings.

And you'll like to hear this from me: this year's Wings roster isn't any better.

My primary hopes rested on guys like Smith, Nyquist, and Tatar making impacts. So far none of them have had a significant contribution. Blame it on coaching or whatever, I don't care, the end result is they don't appear to be poised to handle facing off against top competition.

So we're left with hoping Howard is unbelievable and Datsyuk and Zetterberg can conjure up some magic. It's possible they get hot and go on a run. Maybe Sammy and Cleary actually step up in tighter playoff games? I know, I'm nuts. Still, for the first time in quite a few years, I don't have any high hopes for the playoffs.

I actually had some decent hope last year. They showed stretches of brilliant play, but like you said, limping Lidstrom and Datsyuk won't get you far.

Bench is offline   Reply With Quote