View Single Post
Old
04-04-2013, 07:50 PM
punch1943

vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by RayzorIsDull View Post
That's a terrific post Otto. By all accounts the penalty was reduced because the Spits were never notified they were under investigation. What credible governing body would conduct an investigation and never notify the offending party? When the NCAA investigates a program the school is notfied. When the SEC investigates a brokerage house or bank the brokerage house or bank is notified. If the OHL wants to be a credible league they need to make it clear what a punishment is for certain violations. Tough to have credibility when there's zero transparency. They don't care about credibility in the eyes of fans or public only if they continue feed players to the AHL and NHL.
At the time of the sanctions I had heard that the appeal was going to be that the Spits weren't advised that they were under investigation. I was told that this was a part of the rules set down by the governors to help clean up the under the table deals.. Once the sanctions were reduced I assumed (silly me) that was the reason. Now looking at what's being said I wonder if the Spits came to some kind of arrangement for future considerations...if we get to host the Memorial Cup I'll wonder if that was part of the settlement.