04-04-2013, 08:24 PM
Chainshot
Global Moderator
Give 'em Enough Rope

vCash: 500
Awards:
Quote:
Originally Posted by couture23 View Post
If I was Vanek I would be absolutely saddened, they seem like best friends. Especially if that story about him driving Pommers to the airport is true, it would be so tough on Thomas.

You need to let your kid watch that game at some point! It must be absolutely devastating for him, kids grow so affectionate towards players - I'm 19 and I don't even want to think about Jason playing for another team. I remember when my dad told me that Briere wasn't on the team anymore and I just though "no that can't be true, he isn't allowed to play for another team!"

What the hell am I going to do with my Pominville jersey now?
My first experience with death that I remember was dealing with Tim Horton's passing when I was a wee lad. I couldn't understand why he'd played and now was gone, that just wasn't possible. Ah youth.

He's happy for Poms to be going to a strong team -- he already knew about Suter and Parise and the fact the Sabres have stunk this year has allowed him to grow a bit more callous regarding his attachments.