Thread: Prospect Info: 2013 Prospect Thread
View Single Post
Old
04-04-2013, 09:42 PM
tyratoku

vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Sportserie View Post
I am totally new to following the steps our players take before actually playing for the Minnesota Wild... can someone explain what contract we have with Johan Gustafsson and when he would actually come here to play? Totally confused. Is he considered our goalie of the future?
Players in Europe do not have to sign a contract with us immediately. He is the Wild's property I think through next year's draft, and if we do not sign him to a contract before that then he would re-enter the draft for another team to get him.

He should hopefully sign a contract this offseason and come over to play in Houston next season. I'd expect him to maybe get a call-up or two, but we likely won't be seeing him full-time with the Wild for 2-3 years, maybe?

EDIT: Nevermind, he already has signed a contract. The above stands for European players though. Contracts do not count or lose a year until the player plays in either the AHL or NHL. So even though he signed his contract before this season, this year does not count as one of his three signed years. Not until he comes over.