View Single Post
04-04-2013, 11:04 PM
vCash: 500
Originally Posted by Alexdaman View Post
I've been there many times and my aunt lives there, I just feel no warmth or excitement about the city, everything seems to be business oriented and there is very little cultural identity. The only part of town I like is around queen street in the east end near the shore, kinda reminds me of the plateau but without the nightlife and the fun.
I like Toronto. It is less sexy than Montreal but it offers better public services, institutions and facilities, that's for sure.

Originally Posted by Alexdaman View Post
Ottawa does not receive a lot of animosity in Québec, I know that people in Gatineau and Ottawa used to be pretty isolated from one another but things have changed now and there are a lot of french-canadian sens fans in Gatineau.
Yes. That's why I sense some animosity between Ottawa and Montreal. The Senators have replaced the Nordiques in attracting French-Canadian hockey fans away from the Canadiens. The francophone press has adopted the Ottawa Senators as the second team to cover. Habs-Senators won't match the fun and animosity of Leafs-Senators but they are more fun to watch than Habs-Leafs.

IceHockeyfan is offline   Reply With Quote