View Single Post
Old
04-04-2013, 10:43 PM
Bleedred
Ruutu means 2 MPH

vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by NJDevs26 View Post
Kinkaid's the #2 in Albany this year while Wedge was in the ECHL. He and Frazee are both RFA's this year and Frazee has outplayed Kinkaid but is two years older (he'll be 26 to Kinkaid's 24 next year). I imagine one of them will be let go and Wedge will be playing in Albany next year. Either way I'd imagine at least one of the kids will be ready after Marty's contract is up.

I'm not sure I want a kid to be taking over for Marty anyway, I'd rather have a hold-the-fort type like Moose (though obviously not him) serve as a bridge for a year or two instead of putting the 'he has to replace Marty' pressure on an untried kid.
Kinkaid has gotten more starts than Frazee up there I'm pretty sure. At least earlier in the year during the lockout when I was following he was. I think we need a stop gap too. All the ones I'm thinking of are too old though or will be by that time. Backstrom would be good. Nabokov would have been good, but he'll be too old by then. He's the only reason that joke of an Islanders team is in a playoff spot right now. After years of having a bunch of sieve's and trash can Rick.

Hiller I do not want. Has declined since the vertigo, and gets beat between the legs way too much. I'd almost rather have Bryz be the stop gap. Not joking either cause I liked Bryz with Phoenix. He may improve once Philly buys him out, but he may also have been destroyed for good too.

Bleedred is online now   Reply With Quote