Old
04-04-2013, 10:48 PM
Aela*
#MeatisMurder

vCash: 500
Send a message via Skype™ to Aela*
Quote:
Originally Posted by rey72335 View Post
Yep. He seriously needs to bulk up... He's listed as 5'8" 132lb on Eliteprospects, and 5'10" 148lbs by CSS & QMJHL.. I don't know which to believe since CHL sites always list their players larger than they really are. Either way, he would probably need to add another 40lbs..
That will come with time and training, and even if it doesn't he'll become an effective offensive dman, a poor mans karlsson. If he does bulk up and improve defensively he could be the next Letang. Honestly though I don't understand peoples obsession with size over skill in a lot of players lately. People see someone whose 6'4 and go 'oh this guy is big, i'll teach him to play and he'll be great'. But honestly very few times have I actually seen that be the case. I'll always value the St. Louis's more than the Chara's, but perhaps I'm just biased. Seeing someone like Daniel Erlich and Michael Houser get passed over cause of their size really annoys me, Erlich could have been where Kadri is now (i'd even venture to say that while similar players, Erlich was better in their Ohl careers) and later could even be the next St. Louis. That's how good he was. But he probably won't ever get much of a chance, because hurrdurr size means everything.

/rant

(that wasn't really aimed at anyone in particular fyi)

Aela* is offline   Reply With Quote