View Single Post
Old
04-04-2013, 10:59 PM
glovesave_35
Name

vCash: 250
Quote:
Originally Posted by BigG44 View Post
That's a major overpayment, but I think you did it if your WHL scouts tell you Seth Jones is a true #1 D. Moving Dallas' next 1st is a major risk since it could be a lottery pick, but it could be worth the risk if you don't have to talk about finding a #1 D anymore.

Oleksiak-Jones could be an even better duo than Suter-Weber or Keith-Seabrook. Plus, as soon as next season, you'd have a 19 year old and 21 year old duo that could potentially play 15 or more seasons together. It just might be worth the huge risk involved.
I'm really hesitant to trade this team's 1st round pick next year. The chances that we're equally as bad next year are decent and that makes it too big of a risk IMO. If you are starting at #5 you may as well stay there if it costs so much to move up, especially given the quality that is supposed to be sitting there waiting for you at that spot.

If Jones is just the best defenseman out of this draft you don't make that trade. I suppose you have to consider it more strongly if your scouts think he is an absolute stud.