View Single Post
Old
04-04-2013, 11:09 PM
sparxx87

vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by MentalPowerHouse View Post
Since I am a stats junkie apparantly, lets look at some career stats...

James Reimer (25 years old):

93 Games, 47 Wins, .913 SV%, 8 SO

12/13 Stats:

22 Games, 13 Wins, .920 SV%, 2 SO

Cory Schneider (27 years old)

90 games, 50 wins, .922 SV%, 7 SO

12/13 Stats:

22 Games, 12 Wins, .922 SV% 3 SO

I can agree that Schneiders careers stats are slightly better, but they are currently playing at the same level with Reimer being younger. I just don't buy any argument that Toronto should give up on Reimer and give up assets for a goalie with a brutal contract that was supplanted by essentially a very comparable goalie.

Schneider and Reimer are are essentially at the same level of play yet Vancouver should trade a "top 10 goalie" and Toronto should trade for one?
Sorry man, logic isn't welcome here.

Those numbers are actually pretty surprising.. Especially considering the contrast in teams in front of them for the most part. The Leafs were a bottom 5 team until this year..

I'm just not sure why Gillis doesn't take one of the offers from the other '4-5' teams? Probably because they don't exist and that's why he called Nonis back 3 times in the last hour before the deadline with a refined offer..

He's desperate to move him and needs to just admit it. Cut your losses and turn the page. Stop trying to save face and make a 'hockey deal' ... It ain't happening.