View Single Post
Old
04-04-2013, 11:30 PM
Kristus Pronger

vCash: 500
So I've booked my trip to Anaheim now, gonna catch the games against the Kings, Oilers and Avalanche! I just thought I'd ask a few questions here before I leave though, since I've never been to California before.

I'm gonna fly to LAX on saturday and arrive somewhat late in the evening. I'm under 25 so renting a car would be quite expensive I've heard. I'm gonna stay in a hotel a couple minutes away from Honda Center. I was thinking that I'd take the LAX FlyAway to Union Station and then Metrolink or Amtrak to Anaheim station. Is it a safe area to be walking around at night on my own from Anaheim station towards the Honda Center and is it easy to find my way there? I don't really feel like spending what I'd assume to be a lot of money on a taxi from LAX to Anaheim, but taking a taxi from Anaheim station to the hotel would probably work. Are there usually taxis waiting at the train station when trains arrive or should I just walk?

Since my billing address is in Finland, my only option for ticket delivery when buying from Ticketmaster was something called International Will Call, how does this work? Do I just walk to the Ponda on gameday before the game and get my tickets there or?

Finally, since I'm staying until Thursday, and there's no game on Tuesday, I noticed the Angels are gonna play their home opener that day, so I might go check it out. Is baseball fun if you've never seen a game before/have no clue about the rules though? And does the home opener usually sell out, i.e. can I still decide on Tuesday whether I want to go or not, or am I unlikely to be able to get a ticket anymore at that point?

Oh, and a bonus question: Anyone happen to know what would be the easiest beach to get to by public transportation from the area surrounding Honda Center. I heard you can take a train from Anaheim station straight to San Clemente fairly easily, but what about e.g Huntington Beach?

Kristus Pronger is offline   Reply With Quote