View Single Post
Old
04-04-2013, 11:38 PM
MentalPowerHouse

vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by JohnHodgson View Post
I just proved that it is wrong to hypothetically claim that no team matched or surpassed the deal either. Another assumption that you have made, when I have repeatedly called you out on it. There may have been teams with better offers or offers that are as good, but the Canucks do not want to face Luongo for the next 5 years in the same division. Additionally, no other teams may have matched the price or surpassed because they are not ready to compete and cannot absorb the contract. The Leafs do not fit either criteria as I have stated above, they CAN absorb the contract with ease and are eager to get in the playoffs.
Aren't you the one assuming that a small handful of teams within Division, or even half the teams in the league, would have matched or exceeded the deal but Vancouver declined? Half the league is in another conference, and 0 of those teams traded for Luongo. You are the one assuming they had better offers within division but declined. I am not bashing Vancouver for not trading him, I am just defending Toronto for not trading for him.

Just because they can absorb a contract does not mean they should, and you are the one assuming adding Luongo would impact their making the playoffs odds.