View Single Post
Old
04-04-2013, 11:51 PM
JohnHodgson

vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by MentalPowerHouse View Post
Aren't you the one assuming that a small handful of teams within Division, or even half the teams in the league, would have matched or exceeded the deal but Vancouver declined? Half the league is in another conference, and 0 of those teams traded for Luongo. You are the one assuming they had better offers within division but declined. I am not bashing Vancouver for not trading him, I am just defending Toronto for not trading for him.

Just because they can absorb a contract does not mean they should, and you are the one assuming adding Luongo would impact their making the playoffs odds.
At this point, most of your rebuttals are extremely weak and cannot even be responded with. I am hypothetically speaking that if Nonis had a deal that was Scrivens and 2 2nd round picks, he would have been an idiot to reject the deal. I am not assuming that there was a better offer from a team within the division, I am simply providing a counter argument towards your assumption that "there was no offer that matched or surpassed the deal". I am providing a counter-argument, not making an assumption. Let's get that straight. I highly doubt there was an incredible offer from the conference that the Nucks rejected, but I am saying it is unfair to say there was no offer that was matched or surpassed.

However, the same point I have been reiterating for the past 3 pages, if Nonis was presented with this deal, he should have taken it without thinking twice.

Leafs are one of the few teams that can absorb the massive contract, ready to compete, and seeking for consistent goaltending for several seasons. If James Reimer was so amazing, why did Nonis want to acquire Kippursoff at the deadline? It is obvious Nonis and co. does not have a huge amount of trust for James Reimer (evident by the desperation of a goalie who did not want to leave Calgary and is having a horrid year).