Thread: Player Discussion: Alexander Sulzer - Opinions & Future?
View Single Post
Old
04-05-2013, 01:02 AM
sand1138man

vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Layne Staley View Post
For a 3rd pairing guy you could do worse.I'd sign him 2 years/1.6 million total.He has chemistry with Ehrhoff and is a decent #6/7 guy.He surprisingly has a good shot and can get some pucks in the net.That is a major weakness for the team, offensive production from our d-men.Funny observation, going back to last year, Sulzer has 1 more goal then Sekera in 63 less games.Keep Sulzer, he has an underrated shot and 6 goals in 32 career games as a Sabre is pretty impressive for a bottom pairing guy.12 points in 32 career games as a Sabre comes out as 31 points per season.Pretty surprising production from a #6 type dman.
Honestly, I think he is a very solid player (when he's playing and healthy) I don't know if I am over-rating him because he was part of that hogson deal and I never expected him to even crack the line-up let alone be decent. He is somewhat of a veteran on a team that is going to need a couple vets, he is sound defensively, and i am never shocked when he scores like I would be with weber or other defensemen.

sand1138man is offline   Reply With Quote