View Single Post
Old
04-05-2013, 12:50 AM
belko

vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by LePoche69 View Post
I remember when Therrien got slamed because he used Lindsay instead of Perrault for an important faceoff against Carolina in the Playoffs. Everybody wanted to crucified him because Perrault was the best at faceoffs in the league. It turned out Lindsay lost the faceoffs, Caroline scored and later eliminate the Habs.

Well, I agreed with Therrien's move at the time, even if it turned out wrong. Sure Perrault was the best, but even the best lose many faceoffs. And Lindsay wasn't bad at all. The point is, when Perrault lose a faceoffs, he becomes useless as he was horrible defensively. While Lindsay rarely lost a faceoffs "frankly" and was the tipe of player willing to throw himself in front of the shoorter is he was to lose one.

It was a good decision that turned bad
Couldn't disagree more. Bad decision, bad result. Lindsay was a winger, not a centre. Dumb move, no other way to interpret it. I held that against Therrien for years lol.

That said, very impressed with Therrien 2.0. I was very dubious about the hiring, still displeased with his previous work here, but he continues to impress me as the season goes on.

belko is offline   Reply With Quote