View Single Post
Old
04-05-2013, 12:59 AM
Riptide

vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by JohnHodgson View Post
Florida, Toronto, Devils, Islanders, Edmonton, Flyers, Red Wings (if Howard leaves), Washington and Chicago could be possible destinations. And I also can't imagine Carolina is very satisfied with Ward.
Florida - has a young very promising goalie in net. Absolutely no reason to give up any assets for Lu.
Toronto - same reasons. Their position either gets stronger or weaker depending on how JR performs this spring.
Devils - same as Florida, however Wedgewood is further behind. Could perhaps see them making a play
Islanders - you really think they'll go into another long contract while they have DiPietro?
Edmonton - Potentially a destionation
Flyers - again, long contract fear with Bryz and that's only if they buy him out
Chicago - Vancouvers arch rivals, and has a quality affordable netminder in Crawford
Carolina - Ward is under contract for 3 more years at 6m+. For a team thats so cash conscious, that they ate half of Jokinen's cap hit to avoid paying his full 3m salary next season.

So really... there's a couple potential destinations... and do you really think the offers will get better in June/July? In all honestly they'll likely be the same. A meh player/prospect and a pick or two. Especially with Toronto's offer leaking like this, and with everyone knowing that Vancouver must move him (less than 1m in cap space, 16 ppl signed), they don't have a lot of options. At some point they'll have to suck it up and move him for the best offer on the table. Or offer out Schneider... however I don't think anyone expects them to actually do this.