04-05-2013, 01:37 AM
glovesave_35
Name

vCash: 250
Quote:
Originally Posted by Frozen Failure View Post
Not worth it.
Definitely not.

I know Jones is rated #1 by most services but I wouldn't be surprised to see one of the two Canadian forwards taken first, possibly even 1 and 2 leaving Jones there at #3. I'm just now starting to really look into these players in this year's draft but there seems to be a solid top 7 maybe 8. One name I see high on the Euro list that I never even see mentioned around here is Ristolainen. He's a tall, right shot, offensively minded defenseman. If he's the consolation prize we get at 8 then I can be happy with that.

Really though, there just seems to be so much talent at the top of the draft that it would be more beneficial to take whoever we can and then use the rest of the picks we gathered to get some good players. I don't see the point in blowing your wad all at once. At that point the expectations become almost impossible for Jones to fulfill before fans turn on him. And as badly as we need a #1 defenseman let's not act like we've got the offense part of this team taken care of by any stretch. If we can add an elite offensive talent without giving anything else up that's a no-brainer.