View Single Post
Old
04-05-2013, 02:07 AM
mossey3535

vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by biturbo19 View Post
Solid debut.

It's amazing, we get a legitimately creative offensive player with offensive vision and passing ability, and he finds instant chemistry. I've been harping on the need for a creative passer like this for a long time now, to complement all the solid north-south grind it out type players we have assembled here. Looks like a very good fit so far.

Only concern from his debut tonight was a couple of pretty bad turnovers. He'll have to clean that aspect of his game up a bit here. But i'd suspect at least a healthy portion of that is adjusting to new system, teammates, etc. He clearly has the smarts for it, and has been fine in the past in that regard. It'll probably just take a little bit of time to get that cleaned up.

As a whole though, looks like just what this team needed. And i love the potential flexibility it gives us in line combinations, the potential to load up our top-6 in certain desperate situations, and above all...to potentially get Kesler into a more tailored 'defensive role' that suits him so well. Let Roy fill the de facto '2nd line' offensive role as he's a much more natural fit. Kesler as an epic shutdown center, where he can focus on that and the offense will come, instead of trying to force things so much.
Exactly. And since Kesler is so great on the PP and PK, where are you going to reduce his minutes? The obvious answer to me is at ES. Especially since he's going to come in rusty.

Roy's presence will hopefully mitigate Kesler's greatest weakness - his desire to try to do everything himself.

mossey3535 is offline   Reply With Quote