View Single Post
Old
04-05-2013, 08:25 AM
fedfed
@FedFedRMNB

vCash: 500
If my predictions for all three players involved are right, Caps win this trade. Had Erat played on a team with more hype surrounding it, he'd be more highly thought of.

I expect Erat to be 45-60 pt player for at least 3 more years (including this one),then he may take a paycut and still contribute at 35-50 pt level and be a servicable 3rd liner with ability to make stuff happen offensively.

I expect Latta to be a solid bottom-6 player who sure will bring a lot more than just points. He'll make Caps way tougher to play against and I hope we retain Hendricks to have a respectable physical presence on each line (Ovechkin, Brouwer, Latta, Hendricks). I'd say 15-20 points for him in the next two years and then 20-35 for at least 8 years at least. Had this guy played for Toronto, everybody and their mother would know him (see: Jesse Blacker, Tyler Biggs, etc.).

With Forsberg, I expect him to be around 30 points next season and then a 50-60 point player through most of his career (let's hope it's 15+ years).

If you break this trade down not looking at the names and hype, that doesn't look all that bad. And I was very frustrated at the first glance, but research turned my opinion around.