Thread: Player Discussion: Mats Zuccarello
View Single Post
Old
04-05-2013, 09:32 AM
SKS

vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Zenith View Post
He looks stronger and faster. I don't think he'll ever be a HUGE point producer, mainly because he doesn't seem to have much a shot. Hopefully he can work on it. Fantastic passer, though.
I do not believe you should worry about his shot. That has been one of his main strengths, especially in SEL, prior to moving to the NHL.

Remember, the guy still only have 50-something games under his belt and still carries some of the scandinavian mentality of setting up other players rather than taking what may be considered a "selfish" shot in SEL. This will improve, and I believe he will be a sniper with great goalscoring ability once he has established a role on the team.
When I first saw him in the olympics, his shot is what really caught my eye. Well, that and all the other things about this crazy little hobbit

One thing I find interesting is the surprise a lot of people seem to have that he performs well.
Remember what the board looked like when he had his first and second stint with the team? He was awarded first star by most fans in many games, and seemed to excite all the critics on a daily basis. He then had a 5-10 or some insignificant number of games where he was quite invisible. But this came during a time where he was getting less than 10 minutes per game on awful 3rd or 4th lines.

He then was then sent down and people did not seem to remember how he lit up the ice and then claimed he was an early burst who disappeared. Then he came back and lit it up again, but unfortunately was injured in a heroic effort to block a shot and we all remember the rest.

Just because enough people forget his skill and start claiming he didnt have, does not make it true.

Look forward to seeing this guy finally getting a chance as a piece of our team.