View Single Post
Old
04-05-2013, 10:48 AM
Bluenote13
Believe In Henke

vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Jonathan. View Post
I'm pretty much convinced that the only reason Bluenote and Sting dislike the guy is because I like him and made the BRASS GOD picture. Otherwise, they'd be fans.
See below.

Quote:
Originally Posted by NYR Sting View Post
Jon, I'm genuinely interested in your response to what I said in post #50. If you had asked me how I felt about Brassard a month ago, when I would never have guessed that this deal would go down (I really didn't think the Rangers would deal Gaborik before the off-season; this deal took me totally by surprise), I'd have told you the same things I've said over the last two days. We've had some discussion regarding reports linking the Rangers with Brassard, and I probably said those things then.

Why would I change my opinion of him just because he's a Ranger now? I call it as I see it. I don't think being a homer makes one a better fan, and if I had suddenly altered my opinion on DB, that wouldn't be a genuine feeling.

It's not just that I'm not high on Brassard. Acquiring him, and these deals in general, feels like familiar territory. How many times is this team going to undergo these significant changes? How many years is it going to take before this process is over?This is season 8 of post-lockout Sather. I don't think I'm being unreasonable when I say this year is not "the year." Is it going to take 9 years? Is it going to take 10 years? 12? 15? How long of a period of failure is it going to take before the team decides that this method of teambuilding isn't conducive to sustained legitimate success?
Well said.