Thread: Value of: Thomas Vanek (at the draft)
View Single Post
Old
04-05-2013, 10:10 AM
Mrb1p
PRICERSTOPDAPUCK

vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by boots electric View Post
Important thing to remember about Vanek: he has no NMC/NTC. He can be traded anywhere, and it is reasonable to assume that whoever wants to trade for him will try to blow him away with a long-term offer.

There's only one team we know to have inquired about Vanek at the deadline, and that's Philadelphia. Perhaps their interest is renewed over the summer? What Homer is willing to offer...I have no idea, nor does anyone else.

Teams in need of an elite scorer that could potentially offer a 1st round pick this year:

Columbus - Not sure what they could offer up as far as prospects/NHLers are concerned after the Gaborik trade, but they do have three 1st round picks.

Dallas - I would argue that their scoring depth is the absolute worst in the league. Vanek would be a huge "get" for that franchise. Whether or not he might tempt them to give up their 1st...

Nashville - Does the Forsberg acquisition make this years' 1st expendable? They've needed elite offensive talent for about a decade, and Vanek is potentially the only guy available for the next full season at least.

Anyone else?
Cbj will not trade for him. Ditto for Dallas, they're in rebuild mode.

Nashville I could see them doing it.

Philly would offer something around Couturier and a 1st and I think it would be in the best interest of both franchise.

Ultimately, if I was GM of both team I'd like something like this

Regier : I want Couturier back, A first, a roster player(Winger/Dman/Goalie)+Other pick if the player is not super good.

Holmgren
Vanek+One of the C prospects (Larsson, Armia, Girgenson.)

Mrb1p is offline   Reply With Quote