View Single Post
Old
04-05-2013, 11:50 AM
Pizza

vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by bobbop View Post
I don't like trading 1 for 3 but as stated previously, I do think Gaborik may be on the downside of his career. He is not (and in his entire time with the Rangers) was never the player he was in Minnesota. Maybe it was the pressure of New York. I don't think it was the coaching because Lemaire is Tortorella with a French accent. And I don't think it was as much of a personal blowup as some people do. To me, it's simple. There's a salary cap to deal with and he was a luxury that ultimately could not be afforded. And very possibly in the Rangers eyes, he was a declining asset and they decided to get as much value for him as they could find. Better to make the trade a year early than a year late.
I think Gabby may be entering the downside, but this is a guy who is still more than capable of netting 30 goals....if motivated. That's really the key with him, imo. And it was a main factor in his leaving which he had to sign off on by the way.

Think about it. A few days ago the Rangers were a team that intimidated nobody with two very high priced superstars floating/moping thru most games. Talk about a recipe for disrespect among your opposition.

Much of that may have been changed with two moves. It's certainly a team better equipped for the rigors of playoff hockey. At least that's what I think.

Pizza is offline   Reply With Quote